This is a classic restaurant salad that is easy to make with ingredients that you may already have on hand. It has the crunch of the kale and the sweet and sour tang of the arugula and sliced steak, which makes it a perfect healthy adaptation of the original.
- 4-6 ounces steak sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup baby kale, stems removed, chopped and divided
- 1 and ½ cups baby arugula, chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar per salad
- Wash and prepare the salad ingredients as directed
- Reheat cooked steak in a skillet for 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice the steak into thin strips.
- In a salad bowl , toss together the chopped baby kale, baby arugula and the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad, contents and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Toss to mix.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish; arrange the steak strips over the salad then serve and enjoy.