This is a great go-to recipe for a stand-in for traditional sugar cookies. They are great for the holidays because they can be dropped on a baking dish or rolled out and cut with cookie cutters. They can also be frosted with a Maximized Living approved frosting. You won’t be disappointed!
Advanced & Core Plan Approved
- 2 ½ cups almond flour or cashew flour (for a more buttery-tasting cookie)
- 1 free range organic egg
- ¼ cup erythritol (like Swerve) or ¼ teaspoon of liquid stevia (more may be needed, just taste the batter)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil or melted grass-fed butter
- 1 bar organic cream cheese
- ¼ cup erythritol (like Swerve)
- Few drops of liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter (do not melt)
- for chocolate: 1-2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- for strawberry: 5-6 organic strawberries, smashed
- Depending on how big you want them, take the batter and form it a bit in your hand and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or Silpat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- NOTE: Chill for about an hour before rolling out if you want to use cookie cutters. (Roll out on parchment paper- TRICK: put a slightly damp paper towel under the parchment paper to keep if from sliding around on you. You may need to dust with extra almond flour to keep from sticking)
- Let cream cheese and butter come to room temperature in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat with a hand mixer until blended and smooth.