Cabbage steaks are a yummy alternative for when you want a browned steak-like dish, but are looking for a healthier option. These cabbage steaks are both delicious and good for you, too!
- ⅓ cup avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice cabbage into circles, trying to keep the core attached to the leaves (this keeps the steaks from falling apart). Some of the end pieces may be loose but cook them anyway.
- Rub a large baking sheet with oil while you preheat the oven.
- Slice cabbage and place on baking sheet.
- Brush each cabbage slice with oil and sprinkle with spices.
- Roast for until edges are caramelized and becoming crispy. Depending on how thick your slices are will determine cooking time. Check after 15 minutes and adjust time from there.