Try this warm, apple-cinnamon oatmeal recipe for a quick and easy breakfast. It’s a better alternative to packaged oatmeal products.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 large sweet apples unpeeled, coarsely shredded
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a sauce pan, combine water and apples. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and spices. Mix well.
- Stir into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle lightly with maple syrup.