This recipe has super simple ingredients that rival their less healthy counterparts. These are great served with hot green tea and work great for breakfast or for a snack.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol (like Swerve)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries, unsweetened
- 1 bar stevia sweetened chocolate bar
- Optional: 1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs and vanilla with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, sweetener, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry until well combined.
- Fold in the cranberries, chocolate, and nuts if desired.
- Split the dough in two and form into two logs (about 9 inches by 2 inches).
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the logs cool for at least 1 hour then cut into slices (about 1/2 inch thick – too thin and they will fall apart) with a sharp serrated knife.
- Return the sliced biscotti to the baking sheets laying on their sides and bake for an additional 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Let cool and serve.