For those of you that want a healthy and lactose-free version of the traditional Pumpkin Pie that tastes delicious, this is the recipe for you! The almond pie crust is the perfect substitution for all of your holiday treats.
- Almond Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 pinch of stevia or xylitol to very lightly sweeten (less is more)
- 1 (15 oz.) can (preferably organic) pumpkin puree (no sugar or other additives, check the label)
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Pie Filling:
- ¾ cup “Spoonable” brand stevia or equivalent OR 2/3 cup xylitol (OR LESS – TASTE IT! Let the spices do the talking!)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 oz. organic coconut cream
- 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk, original or vanilla flavor
- 1 slightly cooled almond pie crust (see below)
- Optional: Freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, pinch of sea salt, and 1/2 of stevia/xylitol.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and thoroughly combine. Press into glass pie plate.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. You don’t want the crust to brown.
- Remember to turn up the oven to 425 once the crust is done. You bake the pumpkin pie at this higher temperature for just the first 15 minutes.
- Combine all filling ingredients. Use a high speed blender.
- Pour into a cooled almond pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 – 45 minutes.