These crispy salmon cakes are great for lunch or dinner! They are a healthy Friday Fish Fry with a delicious, sweet tomato sauce.
- 1 can wild caught salmon, drained
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 c almond flour, plus ¼ cup for dredging
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
Sweet Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce
- 2 c chopped red pepper
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salmon Cakes:
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Form 4 round patties, 2 inches in diameter. Spread remaining almond flour on a piece of waxed paper or plate.
- Coat patties in almond flour, pressing to form firm, well-coated cakes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pan fry cakes 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly brown and crisp.
- Sweet Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce:
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat.