This delicious burger with a twist stuffed portobello mushroom recipe contains tomatoes, which are high in vitamin A and bell peppers–one of the best sources of vitamin C. You get to eat well, and grow healthy hair, skin, and nails with this recipe.
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 6 – 8 kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 leaves chopped fresh basil
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp course black pepper
- Goat cheese crumbles
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach (optional)
- Melt butter and garlic until tender.
- Trim stems off mushrooms and wipe off any dirt with a damp towel.
- Brush insides of mushrooms with half of melted butter and garlic.
- Sauté peppers, onion, tomatoes, basil, spinach (if desired), olives, and black pepper for 3-4 minutes with rest of butter and garlic.
- Meanwhile, grill mushrooms top up for approximately 4 minutes.
- Turn over and top with veggie mixture and cheese; continue grilling until cheese is soft.
- Oven option: Bake mushrooms for 10 minutes, top with remaining ingredients and cook for another 20-30 minutes or until done.