Mashed potatoes are a delicious side dish too many meals, but they may not always fit into a healthy eating plan. Cauliflower contains high levels of vitamin C and fiber, and is an easy, healthy alternative to potatoes. Try this cauliflower dish that mimics mashed potatoes. You’ll be amazed how good this is!
- 1 head cauliflower or several celery roots
- ¼ cup organic butter
- ¼ cup organic or raw half and half
- Salt and pepper
- Optional Toppings: Chives, Parsley, Shallots, Celery, Garlic
- Steam cauliflower or celery roots in steamer or small amount of water until tender. Drain.
- In food processor, blend cauliflower or celery roots with remaining ingredients until smooth (you can’t get this smooth enough without a blender or food processor).