These sugar-free treats will satisfy any chocolate cup connoisseur. For a nut-free version, try substituting the almond butter for sunflower seed butter.
- 1/4 cup organic butter or coconut oil
- 3-4 squares unsweetened organic chocolate
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract powder adjust to taste
- dash of cinnamon optional
Almond Butter Filling
- 1 scoop vanilla protein such as Perfect Plant Protein or Grass-Fed Whey Protein
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla Check label for sugar-fee
- 1/4 cup organic butter or coconut oil (or a combination) well softened
- In a saucepan, melt butter/coconut oil and chocolate squares over very low heat. Remove from heat.
- Add stevia, salt, and cinnamon to chocolate mixture.
- Combine all the almond butter filling ingredients into a thick pudding by mashing with a fork. This takes some mixing, and is easier if your almond butter and butter/ coconut oil are at room temperature.
- Pour enough chocolate mixture to cover the very bottom of the cupcake papers. Use silicone muffin cups or a silpat mini muffin tin without any liner. If you do not have this, or cannot find one, use a regular or mini cupcake tin lined with regular or mini cupcake papers.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or large melon baller to spoon a little of the almond butter filling on top of the chocolate coating.
- Cover with the remaining chocolate mixture. Chill to set.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer.