These meatballs will be family favorite and super healthy for kids and adults. The mixture of black beans, grass-fed beef, egg, and yogurt offer healthy protein, and combined with the spices boost your immunity. Plus, they are tasty and fun to eat.
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed (Organic is best)
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 organic egg
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-2 medium organic green or red bell peppers (remember, bell peppers are on the “dirty dozen list”)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 organic tomato, diced
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup plain organic yogurt (best if drained)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pulse beans in a food processor or mash them with a fork or potato masher. You want them a bit chunky.
- Mix the beans with the beef, chili, cumin, oregano, garlic, egg, and lime juice.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on a lightly greased (use coconut oil) baking sheet (lined with parchment or silicone liner if desired).
- Meanwhile, sautee the onions and peppers until slightly cooked but still crisp.
- Blend the cilantro sauce ingredients together.
- You can eat these atop the pepper/onion mixture and dip into the sauce OR wrap everything in a sturdy piece of lettuce. Bibb lettuce works well.