This is an exclusive restaurant style recipe. It is great for a quiet dinner or for entertaining guests.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or Tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 wild caught Salmon steaks skinless
- For the sauce: Mix first 7 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook until shallots are soft (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Mix in cilantro.
- Baste the salmon on both sides.
- Grill or broil 10 minutes on each side, turning once and basting frequently with sauce.